Cutter Suction Dredgers (CSD)
The Hollandsche Yssel cutter suction dredgers are well known for its robust construction, reliable operation and excellent performance. To date De Hollandsche Yssel have supplied over 550 stationary dredgers of which over 220 cutter suction dredgers. The standard traditional range of cutter suction dredgers are available in the sizes 10 inch, 12 inch, 14 inch, 16 inch, 18 inch, and 20 inch.
Not surprisingly, all types of cutter suction dredgers have a very good price/what you get ratio. Also buyers of the standard traditional cutter suction dredgers are advised and treated personally to ensure a well balanced choice of their cutter suction dredger.
The current range of custom made cutter suction dredgers consists of a wide variety of models, with power outputs ranging from 200 to 1,600 horse power. Even these custom made cutter suction dredgers are based on the Hollandsche Yssel standard dredging components, i.e. the standard double walled dredge pumps, standard cutter heads, standard winches and even standard hydraulic systems, and cutter drive systems.
Hollandsche Yssel dredgers have a main engine and the dredge pump mounted on a rigid frame. The dredgers are equipped with double walled high-pressure dredge pumps. These high efficiency double walled dredge pumps are directly driven by the main diesel engine, via a standard gearbox with integrated hydraulically activated clutch. The prime movers for the dredge pumps are modern marine diesel engines with low fuel consumption, and low NOX emission.
This combination results in the lowest possible costs per cubic meter of dredged material, minimum down time for changing of wearing parts and minimum cost of maintenance and spare part due to standard engines and gearboxes. The type designation of the Cutter Suction Dredger relates to the diameter of the suction and delivery pipeline.
Note for potential buyers; since the 10″ and the 12″ Self manoeuvring cutter suction dredgers were introduced, the sales of the standard 10″ CSD-250 as well as the 12″ CSD-300 has dropped to zero since these standard CSD’s are out-performed by the self manoeuvring CSD’s.
- One man operation from comfortable low noise operation cabin
- Dismountable and transportable by road, overseas transport in containers
- Hull consists of multiple pontoons connected by proven coupling system
- Bollards for mooring on all corners of the dredger
- Marine coating system and cathode protection for optimum protection
- Low fuel consumption and overall operational costs
- Closed fresh water inter cooling system
- Completely assembled and fully tested before delivery
- Very simple and fast assembly, afloat or onshore
- Ready for operation on arrival at site
- Standard design, allowing short delivery times
- Designed as standard to qualify for Inland Waters Certificate
- Double walled dredge pump with mechanical seal on shaft
- Standard highly effective cutter drive system
- Multi-purpose and various special cutters and auger heads available
- Davit for handling of pump parts can be positioned in various places
- Standard spare parts available from stock
- Standard winches and optional equipment available
- Spud carriage pontoon
- Increased dredging depth
- Floating- and shore discharge pipe line
- Air conditioning
- Harbour set
- Production measuring equipment
- Position measuring equipment GPS