Self Manoeuvring Cutter Suction Dredgers (SM CSD)
For small scale dredging works.
The Hollandsche Yssel self manoeuvring cutter suction dredgers are unique. Long experience and feed-back from the industry have resulted in highly reliable, multi-purpose, cost effective, environmentally safe and ergonomically sound and proven self manoeuvring cutter suction dredgers.
A modern dredging technique; by using three or more hydraulically driven spuds and a hydraulically activated cardan on the articulated cutter ladder, narrow irrigation or cooling water canals and marinas can now be dredged without having to use side cables and anchors. In wider canals or small lakes the dredger can be operated on three winches, the three spuds can be lowered on the deck, and the top of the cabin can be removed for passing of low bridges.
The standard range starting with an 6 inch or 150 mm up to 12 inch or 300 mm suction/discharge pipe diameter. Not surprisingly, all types of self manoeuvring cutter suction dredgers have a very good price/what you get ratio. All buyers of the self manoeuvring cutter suction dredgers are advised and treated personally to ensure a well balanced choice of their dredger.
All types are equipped with the highest quality dredging equipment. Double walled, high-pressure wear resistant dredge pumps that are also easy to maintain. Directly driven robust cutter heads, robust winches and straight forward hydraulic systems using load-sensing variable plunger pumps and low pressure servo-control systems.
All Hollandsche Yssel self manoeuvring cutter suction dredgers have a main diesel engine and the dredge pump mounted on a rigid frame. The dredgers are equipped with double walled dredge pumps. These high efficiency double walled dredge pumps are directly driven by the main diesel engine, via a standard gearbox with integrated hydraulically activated clutch. Or indirect driven by an electrical motor or an hydraulic motor. The prime movers for the dredge pumps are modern marine diesel engines with low fuel consumption, and low NOx emission.
This combination results in the lowest possible costs per cubic meter of dredged material, minimum down time for changing of wearing parts and minimum cost of maintenance and spare part due to standardisation of components. The type designation of the Self Manoeuvring Cutter Suction Dredger relates to the diameter of the suction and delivery pipeline.
- One man operation from comfortable low noise operation cabin
- Dismountable and transportable by road, overseas transport in containers
- Hull consists of multiple pontoons connected by proven coupling system
- Bollards for mooring on all corners of the dredger
- Marine coating system and cathode protection for optimum protection
- Low fuel consumption and overall operational costs
- Closed fresh water inter cooling system
- Completely assembled and fully tested before delivery
- Very simple and fast assembly, afloat or onshore
- Ready for operation on arrival at site
- Standard design, allowing short delivery times
- Designed as standard to qualify for Inland Waters Certificate
- Double walled dredge pump with mechanical seal on shaft
- Standard highly effective cutter drive system
- Multi-purpose and various special cutters and auger heads available
- Davit for handling of pump parts can be positioned in various places
- Standard spare parts available from stock
- Standard winches and optional equipment available
- Spud carriage pontoon
- Increased dredging depth
- Floating- and shore discharge pipe line
- Air conditioning
- Harbour set
- Production measuring equipment
- Position measuring equipment GPS